Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Set your drink down anywhere on this coaster.


I did try to clean my studio a few weeks ago, I swear. I managed to widen the path a little bit! And I threw out three--count 'em, 3!--small bags of garbage. It's just that, well, I think it multiplies and I end up with more of what I thought I had less of.

Take, for instance, ceramic tiles. I have two boxes of them. At least they are painted and sealed ceramic tiles. Last summer, I dyed them for an outdoor project. I didn't use them all, and now they've migrated back upstairs. There's about 80 tiles lurking in boxes on the floor, underneath a bag of empty plastic milk containers (don't ask), tissue paper, and what I think might be a cutting mat. Or cardboard. It could be cardboard. It's probably foam board.

Anyway, tiles. Tiles make good coasters. Sturdy, pretty, kinda fragile. I dyed a bunch yellow, mod podged some red starbursts, added dabs of hot glue for feet, and voila! Coasters!

The down side? 80 is A LOT. Nobody needs that many coasters. I stopped at 14. So, the remaining tiles were shuffled off to a new spot underneath the easel that is holding 4 paintings in progress.  Another time, tiles. Another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment