Thursday, June 20, 2013

"Mooooommmmmm!!! I'm Bored!!"

Nothing strikes fear in the hearts of mothers than hearing her children shout "I'm bored!" twenty minutes after school lets out. This year it took a full 90 minutes before I heard the dreaded statement, sung in my daughter's dulcet tones. But I was ready for her. Bring on the "I'm Bored" bucket. 




I am far from the first mom to think of this; a quick search on Pinterest will reveal dozens, if not hundreds, of versions of this concept. Mothers everywhere, rejoice. It's filled with such wonderful activities like "call a friend" or  "create a collage." There's also "organize your toys" or "clean the toilet." Come, child, put your hand in the bucket, and choose. It fills me with glee. 

My daughter stuck her hand in and came out with "practice guitar in your underwear." Needless to say, she found something else to do (after chastising me for putting that in there in the first place. I still think it's funny). Summer might work out after all!

Creating the bucket was simple. It's an old paint can, cleaned up and de-labled. Scrap paper covers the inside and outside of the can in blocky designs. Repurposed paint can = happy mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment